Friday, December 30, 2011

My Mental State & A Bad Expiration Date

We all know expiration dates are stamped onto food products for a very good reason.  Sometimes you're just fine eating food a little past the expiration date.  Other times, it doesn't work out so well.  I'm not exactly sure when I purchased the Buddig Honey Roasted Turkey I wanted for lunch yesterday (actually, I have a good idea but it's too embarrassing to admit).  It was only a few days past the expiration date... it should've been fine, right?  It wasn't!  It smelled kind of gross and the tiny bite I attempted was even grosser (is that a word?).  The cats and dogs LOVED the smell and annoyed me trying to get a sample.  I didn't give them one.  I had two other packets in the fridge with similar expiration dates, so I tossed those as well. 

SO, the picture you see below is the lunch I planned to eat.  I ate it all, minus the turkey!  When I was so successful at losing 35 pound in 2007-2008, I ate this kind of lunch most every day of the week.  It's just under 500 calories and, when consumed slowly to actually enjoy the food, it's satisfying and fulfilling! 


1 Pkg Buddig Honey Roasted Turkey, 1 Stick Sargento String Cheese, 1 Pkg Sun Chips, 1 Nature Valley Fruit & Nut Trail Mix bar, 32 Ounces Ice Cold Water

Now, there really is a purpose behind me drinking from a 32 oz. milk bottle.  It's mental.  If you know me, you know I'm pretty mental by nature (in a great way)!  My family enjoys drinking the different flavors of milk from the Shatto Milk Company in Osborn, MO and they put their milk in rad bottles with fun words on the front!  When we're finished drinking the milk, we could return the bottles to the store for a small refund.  Instead, we wash and repurpose them. 

I love drinking from the 32 oz size.  I can drink 4 cups (32 oz) of water in no time.  Seeing the frozen ice cubes in that refreshing water in a bottle with "Ice Cold" on the front just makes me want to drink it. 

Thus, it's MENTAL!

At this point, I'll be doing what works for me!  If I have to lead myself to water using a Shatto milk bottle, I will! 


* Word of caution, drinking from these bottles takes practice... spills are known to occur!

2 comments:

  1. I can just picture myself with a giant string of water all the way day my chin...and onto my shirt. LOL Maybe I'll start with a straw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's funny is that I can SO picture you that way, too!!! :) Straws are a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete