Monday, January 30, 2012

I Can and I Will


Each day just gets better!  Many of my good habits have become the norm!  There are some things I don't have to think as hard about, like eating a healthy breakfast and drinking plenty of water.  I still struggle with a few things that are going to take more endurance and work, though.

My biggest challenge is value vs. portion (to put it another way, a lot of food for little money vs. the amount I really need as fuel for my body).  I mentioned in a previous post that I have a difficult time turning down what seems to be a good value (aka: the "Value Meal").  Getting the most for your money has been drilled into my head for a long time, thanks to America's fast food chains, restaurants, and retail stores.  It really is an intensive process for me to talk myself through the temptation of going with a large value meal for just an extra 50 cents.  Or another temptation of getting two items for two bucks when I only need the serving size of one.  When I resist, I usually end up saving money and definitely calories!  It sounds so simple, I know.  But this process takes a lot of effort for me.  I give myself a pep talk (as my own life coach) before making a decision now...

I remind myself that a "value meal" isn't really a value when it leads to weight gain, disappointment, and self-loathing. 

I remind myself that I've worked very hard to get to this point, I CAN and I WILL get past this temptation. 

I remind myself of my key advantages of weight loss I listed. 

And, I remind myself THIS IS MY DREAM.  The owners of McDonald's might dream of continuing to make billions of dollars selling hamburgers and fries, but MY DREAMS are more important than putting money in their pockets.  I'd rather save my money and spend it on new clothes in a smaller size!

And, if those weren't enough, I now have this:
 

2 comments:

  1. I just have to give you props for having the courage to say what so many out there feel!! It's nice to read thoughts similar to my own. Way to go Chrissy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO MUCH, Nicole - that's SO nice to hear!!! It really makes stepping out of my comfort zone worth it to know I'm helping others in their own journey.

    I REALLY appreciate the feeback!!!!! :) YAY!

    ReplyDelete