Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wednesday Wow Factor!


Start date: 12/28/11
Initial weight: 218
Current weight: 205
This week's loss: 1 pound

Last week's goals: Continue blogging, work out 4 to 6 times between now and next week, eat small portions, avoid skipping meals, continue fighting the feelings of defeat, insecurity, and self-negativity.

What went well: Focusing on my dream is helped me push myself to work out when I don't want to and resist temptation of eating what - or when - I shouldn't.  I worked out five times since last Wednesday and the new DVD's have made it really fun!  I have more energy and I'm feeling a little more confident every day!  More people are noticing the weight loss and I'm receiving compliments about it (sometimes difficult to accept, but I am!).  I'll admit it does feel really good and encourages me to continue working hard!

Challenges: I still struggle with insecurity and self-consciousness, but not as often.  Sometimes I look in the mirror and still don't like what I see... but I stop myself before it gets out of hand.  I remind myself I'm doing great and I'm a work in progress... it won't happen overnight.   I also found it difficult to keep from overeating a few times again this week.  It seems there were extra tasty meals (and dang Jose Pepper's) in front of me, but focusing on my dream and all the advantages of losing weight helped me slow down and not overeat.  But that pesky Mexican food... it's my biggest challenge!

This week's goals: Maintain control while in Shreveport (oh my gosh, all that Cajun food, I CAN DO THIS!), work out 4 to 6 times between now and next week, eat small portions, avoid skipping meals, and continue fighting the feelings of defeat, insecurity, and self-negativity.

Total lost so far: 13 pounds!


2 comments:

  1. You are doing great!!!! One more pound....whoo hooo!!!

    I am right at the beginning of the Beck Diet Solution and loving it so far...and I see a few other books I might have to check out!

    Have a great time in Shreveport and say "hey" to everyone!!! Take YOUR control with you...its easy to pack!!! You got this one, sister!

    Love and hugs!
    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kendra!!! I'm excited for another pound lost!

    I'm so glad you love the Beck Diet Solution!! It really is good!

    I'll definitely say hi for you! I know I can do well... and boiled crawfish isn't bad for me. It takes time to pinch, peel, and eat each one, so I'll be going slow. I just need strength to withstand the sweet tea temptation. It's worse than my Mexican food weakness! (I KNOW I CAN DO THIS!!!!)


    Love you!

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete