Saturday, March 17, 2012

Your Worth


This says SO much about our perspective!

When we exercise, are we focusing on being 'skinny' or fit?  Truthfully, I just don't want to be skinny.  It's for some people, but it's not for me.  I desire to be healthy and fit.  I'm not looking for a six pack or to enter any body building competition.  But I'd definitely love to tone my arms, legs, butt, and stomach.  And you know what?  It's totally attainable!  I can do this!

These days when I eat, I'm making healthier choices.  I can still have anything I want... nothing is off limits.  There's just something about it that frees me.  I feel less ravenous than I used to.  I don't crave the things I used to crave.  When I do have cravings, they aren't as strong.  But don't get me wrong, I certainly do have off days.  I accepted from the beginning that I would have days where I didn't make the best decisions... and it was okay.  Those days didn't have to ruin everything.  I think back to all the days I struggled and was tempted to give in... and didn't.  I see where I am today and the progress I've made and I'm encouraged to keep going forward!  I know I've been so successful because I have talked myself through those difficult times and I never let myself get defeated and throw in the towel all together when I made a mistake.  I learned from it and I'm still growing, and still averaging a loss of 2 pounds a week!

So in your journey when you're dealing with those old habits that are hard to break (but can be broken), when you're faced with negative thoughts you have about yourself, when you face temptations and triggers from your past, envision where you want to be.  See yourself and your life __ pounds lighter and happier.  Imagine how it will feel when your dream has come true!  Let those images propel you to overcome. 

You are worth more than you realize... and so is your dream!



No comments:

Post a Comment