Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Work In Progress

If you're looking forward to the day you first notice your weight loss in the mirror, let me encourage you to not give up.  It's an amazing feeling! 

This week I began noticing a big difference in my face and stomach.  They've both really slimmed down.  Other people were noticing before I did, but it seems like it became really obvious to me this week.  It feels good!  I feel slightly more confident, but definitely not arrogant or vain.  I was actually pleased with how I felt and looked at work on Wednesday!  I found a flower that matched my top PERFECTLY, so I stuck it in my hair to complete the look.  I tried to take a typical "restroom" self-portrait, but it didn't turn out great.  Regardless, here it is!


It's frustrating when I'm reminded how hard I'm still fighting to not allow my insecurity get the best of me.  I have to make a conscious effort to talk back to those lies all day long.  You know what?  It's worth it.  Little by little I'm starting to see myself in a different way, and the things that used to REALLY consume me don't seem as bad as.  They're still a challenge, but I know I must go through this refining process to become the best me I can possibly be!

My advice:
Do not give up. 
When you make a mistake, it's okay. 
Just start over. 
Try again.
Then repeat because you'll make more than one mistake. 

Whatever you do, never lose sight of your dream and the how your spirit feels when you picture it.  Have faith, believe it will happen, and ask God to guide you.  He's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment