Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wednesday Wow Factor!


Week 15
Start date
: 12/28/11
Initial weight:
218
Current weight:
199
This week's loss
: No gain or loss
Total weight loss:
19 pounds

Last week's dream focus
: Eat sensibly when dining at a restaurant or ordering take-out foods; eat a healthy breakfast, even if it's a protein shake; work out 2 times, keeping track of any bonus workouts; stay under caloric budget for the week; and stay positive!



What went well
:  I worked out three times!  I've fought hard to remain positive during adversity and temptation, which has been a challenge this week.  I'm loving my protein shakes and am impressed how much they fill me up and make additional food seem really unappealing.  I actually crave them!   Monday's Dare to Dream session helped me feel rejuvenated and empowered!  I processed it the rest of the day and it made a great impact.

Challenges:
  Well, the devil's been talkin'.  I've felt a lot of anger, frustration, and hostility the past few days and I've felt ravenous.  I usually don't allow it to affect my eating in a negative way... but to be honest, I've caved in a few times.  

I'm still trying to implement toning sessions.  I've made some poor choices in my food intake with frequent eating out (eating too much of higher calorie foods).  Also, as the healthier foods dwindle in the house we're left with processed foods and stuff that's high in sugar and fat (or is unappetizing).  That leads to more carry-out or eating out.  Solution?  GET TO THE STORE!

Note to self: internalizing your feelings is not conducive to non-emotional eating when you've been an emotional eater for fifteen years.  Think back to when you first started using food to mask your emotions.  Reflect on how pretending everything was okay affected you mentally, emotional, physically, and in your spirit.  Remember the outcome and where it's led you.  Be different.  Don't regress.  Die to that old self and become new.  Talk about what's bothering you because it's healthy!  Have those crucial conversations!  Focus on your dream and put into perspective how internalization of feelings will prevent you from (or slow the progress of) reaching your dream.  
 
This week's dream focus:
Work on not internalizing emotions, having crucial conversations with myself and others; find healthy ways of getting rid of those deadly and toxic emotions; avoid emotional eating; eat sensibly when dining at a restaurant or ordering take-out foods; continue eating a healthy breakfast; work out 2 times; and GET TO THE STORE for a better food selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment