Sunday, May 13, 2012

It's Momma's Day

 




I have an AMAZING mom! 


She taught me right from wrong, even when I didn't listen.  She showed me how to trust in God when it feels like everything is falling apart. She believes in my dreams and helps me believe in myself.  She taught me how to cook and bake... and how to deviate from the recipe!  She helped me to understand the importance of our heritage and to embrace the past... then to learn from it.


My mom taught me how to put others first, even when I felt like being an only child.  My mom showed me how to love those you know and those you just met.  She sees my gifts and helps me use them in the most effective ways.  She instilled a good work ethic in me.  My mom didn't give me everything I wanted as a child... and I thank her for that.  She didn't let me go to a New Kids on the Block concert when "everyone else" was going... and it's probably for the best!  :)


My mom taught me how to be a good wife by her example.  She showed me how to keep my eyes focused on God during hard times and struggles.  She showed me how to embrace my elders and learn from their great wisdom.  My mom taught me how to laugh and find humor during frustrating times.


My mom has been by my side during heartache, sickness, celebrations, sadness, defeat, achievements, new beginnings, struggles, consequences, and victories.  I know she'll be there for the ones ahead. 


I'm so blessed to have a mother like you and I hope you never question for a second how much I love and appreciate all you've done for me, all the things ahead, and who you are.


I love you, Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment