Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wednesday Wow Factor!




Week 19
Start date
: 12/28/11
Initial weight:
218
Current weight:
198
This week's loss
: Gained 1 pound
Total weight loss:
20 pounds


Last week's dream focus
: Challenge myself to go above my goal of 2 or 3 work outs a week, remembering that ANY kind of moving is better than none at all.  Continue eating sensibly when dining at a restaurant (especially MEXICAN FOOD) or ordering take-out foods!


What went well:  I had a few good days of eating sensibly and choosing healthier food options.  I’ve taken the stairs 6 times since we moved to our new floor at work!


Challenges: I went way over my caloric budget last week… 1,200 calories, to be exact.

I still struggle with feeling motivated to work out instead of finding an excuse not to.  Truthfully, I’ve had conversations with myself about it several times… when I’m faced with “just get up and use this time to your advantage… WORK OUT”, I’ve given in to being lazy and working on a blog post or reading a book.  Not okay.  


Last Sunday I decided I would do 15 to 45 minutes of toning or cardio every day for the remainder of May.  Two days later I still haven’t done any (with the exception of taking the stairs).  I’m not sure if the warmer weather has made it harder for me to think about going to the basement to work out or if that’s just what I’m telling myself.  I’ve considered taking my laptop outside on the back deck to work out, but then I imagine how I might look if the neighbors saw me working out. 

Wait… seriously? 

This isn’t the mentality of a successful dreamer.  It’s fear and insecurity kicking in, trying to hold me back.  I know better.  Honestly, if my neighbors saw me working out, it would probably inspire them to do the same thing or they might think “What a great idea!  I never thought to take my laptop out here!”  It’s time to dig deep to find different ways to motivate myself to get in gear.


This week's dream focus: Motivate myself to get in gear and start implementing these toning and cardio sessions; stay within my caloric budget for the week; embrace my fears, then tackle them - along with the insecurity - that hold me back from moving in the direction of my dreams!  

(Who would've thought to embrace fears?  It took me a bit to really accept that one...)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment