Sunday, June 17, 2012

5 Days of Gratitude - Day 3


Day 3


Today has been FUN!  I love being grateful!  I looked at everything differently today and it was a blast.  Let's get to it, shall we?


I started the day out with praise team practice at 8 AM.  It was filled with the Holy Spirit and touched my soul.  I'm thankful that God placed me at Cross Creek Baptist Mission to lead others into worship to Him.  Singing words I really mean, remembering things I've been through and where He's brought me, it's humbling.  Truly an honor and a blessing! 



 
I also had the privilege to recognize the fathers in our church this morning for Father's Day!  I did my best to fight back tears but, in true emotional Chrissy fashion, I bawled like a baby.  Just thinking about how much my parents mean to me, the sacrifices they've made and still make, the constant praying and being there for me... it's overwhelming.  My dad is AMAZING.  He's selfless, strong, funny, courageous, encouraging, a prayer warrior, a great leader, teacher, pastor, and best of all.... he's real.  He makes mistakes and admits when he's messed up.  He rarely puts his needs before others' (maybe to a fault).  He's definitely my hero and I strive to have a prayer walk like his.  I love you, Dad! 
(P.S. - That's a picture of me with my dad at my pre-school graduation.  I struggled to find a more recent, better picture of us together and I'm running out of time tonight.  As you might imagine, we've grown since then.)



 
This is me with Averie after our Father's Day lunch.  Averie is my seven year old "best friend" at church and the inspiration to not give up on a dream.  She is so fun to be around and always makes my heart feel blessed beyond measure.  She inspires me, motivates me, and reminds me that anything's possible if we just believe and trust.

Today we found out Averie has a serious crush on the boy.  Apparently "he's cuter than Justin Beiber."  As you can see, she was so nervous and embarrassed around him and couldn't stop giggling!  It was the cutest thing ever.  I'm pretty sure she's the founding member of his fan club.  Adorable!



 
This sweet little memorial grave is for our beloved cat, Ms. Mammie.  We buried her last month on my parent's hill and built this cross and plaque in her honor. 

Today, we added the stones to frame her grave.  I'm so blessed by how it turned out.  Those Black-eyed Susans were growing wild just steps away, so I picked them and stuck them by her cross.  So beautiful!  I know Ma'ams would be really proud.

Also growing wild were these DELICIOUS blackberries!  My husband's favorite.  EVER.  While he did the dirty work, I picked berries for him.  We filled a bowl to the top! 
 I'm even more excited to know there's a ton of red ones just a week away from pickin'.  Yum.



The boy got to drive on the same country roads I learned on.  He's advanced from driving a golf cart to a truck.  And in the background of this picture is the field we hunt geese in during goose season.  I'm not sure exactly why, but that was the neatest thing for me.  A sweet gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment