Monday, June 18, 2012

5 Days of Gratitude - Day 4


Day 4


Day 4 and still havin' fun!  You've just gotta give thanks.  I didn't feel so well today... allergy issues out the wazoo.  But even in the midst of sneezing my head off I still found plenty of things to be grateful for! 


The first thing I did was check on my newly planted flowers to be sure they're still alive.  Lookin' good!  I love how plants look in the early morning sunlight.  I wish my picture would have done it justice.  Seeing my flowers still alive made me happy!




Next up, breakfast!  Don't tell my husband, but I snuck a few of his blackberries and added them to my smoothie as a bonus.  It was well worth it!  I just love smoothies.  They taste amazing, they're low cal (if you make them right), and filled with stuff you SHOULD be eating.  Anything cold that reminds me of ice cream rocks my world.
 
Mmm... DEEEE-LISH!  Tasty and healthy!  What's in this banana berry smoothie? 
Water
Ice
1 Medium Banana
5 Strawberries
6 Blackberries
1 Cup Non-Fat Vanilla Yogurt
Honey
Coconut Flakes

I just add the first seven ingredients to my blender (honey to taste, ice and water to desired consistency) and blend well.  Pour and top with coconut flakes (I sometimes add coconut flakes before blending and as a topping).  Give it a try!
 


While waiting in the doctor's office, I found this article in Real Simple magazine.  So cute!  5 New Uses for a Cereal Box (stuff I could totally Mod Podge and use at home, church, or work).  It made me smile and decreased my anxiety about the appointment.  I'm certain God showed me this page to keep focused on something other than what the enemy wanted me to worry about.  "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."  Phillipians 4:6




Oh gosh, I'm sorry Florida.  I'm SO sorry y'all went 0-2 in the College World Series.  And I'm sorry Kent State was the team to take it from you.  It's hard to be #1... there's an automatic target on your back.  Nothing personal.  We're just big LSU fans.  And since LSU let Stony Brook get the best of them in the Super Regional, I'm pullin' for Kent State all the way.  GEAUX GOLDEN FLASHES!!!
(Yay for college baseball and the College World Series!)




And today, we worked from home.  When we work from home, these are our co-workers.  B.B. is our cat in the first picture.  Dixie is our Border Collie diggity dawg.  And the cat she's "spoonin" is Tallulah.  Those two are usually fighting like... well... cats and dogs.  There's some kind of peace that comes over the animals when we work from home.  They get along a little more than normal (because we don't normally ever see Dixie being sweet to Tallulah... she's usually herding her all over the house; nipping and being jealous).  Sweet animals.  Gotta love 'em...

 


No comments:

Post a Comment