Saturday, June 2, 2012

One Day



"When dieters get off track, they often truly forget how good it feels to be in control of their eating. Therefore, the thought of getting back on track usually feels much more daunting and burdensome than it really is – because once they’re there, they feel so great about it." 
  ~ The Beck Diet Solution


This is so me.  I've struggled many times to get back on track because it "feels" so difficult in that moment.  Even when I've done great all day and then blow it at dinner, I've gone to bed feeling defeated, thinking "why even bother... I'm fine the way I am... my husband loves me and that's all that matters..."

But those are thoughts straight from the depths of hell.  Satan wants me miserable.  He wants me stuck in a life of insecurity and inferiority.  He wants me to doubt my abilities and question what God is capable of doing in my life.  He certainly doesn't want me doing ANYTHING that will further God's Kingdom.

Am I fine the way I am?  Sure.  But why settle for the way things are when God has SO much more in store for me? 

Will my husband continue to love me if I stay the way I am?  I certainly believe so.  But when I imagine how much closer our relationship will be when I'm less insecure and more open and trusting, I don't want to miss out on that amazing connection and happiness!


I'm going to write this Beck quote down and post it in a couple of places.  I'll even put a daily reminder on my phone to help me remember that making the right choice will always make me feel great.  It will always lead me closer to my dream of losing weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. 

One day I'll be able to look at pictures and be proud that I finally saw my dream come true. 

I'll thank God for helping me through the mountains and the valleys.

And one day I'll be able to say "I did it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment