Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Wednesday Wow Factor!




Week 27
Start date
: 12/28/11
Initial weight:
218
Current weight:
198
This week's loss
: 0
Total weight loss:
20 pounds


Last week's dream focus
: TRUST.  BELIEVE.  HAVE FAITH.  DON'T WORRY.  BE POSITIVE.  FOCUS ON MY DREAMS. (and)  DON'T LET CIRCUMSTANCES GET ME DOWN!

What went well:  Launching the "Overweight... AND OVER IT!" Facebook page has been so motivating for me!  I’m really glad I didn’t let it overwhelm me.  Thanks to all of you who “Liked” the page!

I finally jumped back on the scale today.  I was amazed to see no weight gain… I honestly expected to see 200 pounds again.  It looks like I did better than I anticipated.  YAY ME!

Last weekend we were in some serious heat at the state baseball tournament.  I was so proud of myself for packing healthy snacks and drinks every day… enabling us to save money by not spending it at the snack bar.  That means no nachos or $3.00 bottled water.  Instead, we ate grapes, carrots, strawberries, peaches, oranges, watermelon, pistachios, and sunflower seeds and brought our own water!  FABULOUS!

   
Challenges:
My mom’s homemade ice cream was extreme temptation.    I mean EXTREME.  The challenge for me is to not overindulge (or burn the calories I consume if I were to).  If you’ve ever made homemade ice cream (or looked at a recipe) you understand how many calories are in this delicious treat.  Heavy whipping cream, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract join together to party in your mouth. 

I only experience this joyous occasion one out of four seasons.  The sight and smell instantly take me back to childhood memories of summertime with my grandma & grandpa, parents, cousins, aunts, and uncles.  My grandma could make ice cream like no one else… but my mom has it down!  I don’t want to say no and miss out on the blessing of being transported to another time and place.  So, I didn’t say no!

This week's dream focus:  Eat healthy snacks and continue eating the other foods in moderation; amp up the water intake, and fine ways to move that won't aggravate my pain.



Happy 4th of July!



No comments:

Post a Comment