Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wednesday Wow Factor!


Week 28
Start date
: 12/28/11
Initial weight:
218
Current weight:
198
This week's loss
:
?
Total weight loss:
20 pounds


Last week's dream focus
: Eat healthy snacks and continue eating the other foods in moderation; amp up the water intake, and fine ways to move that won't aggravate my pain.

What went well:  I took healthy snacks to work (like carrots, granola bars, almonds, pistachios, peaches, and yogurt) and have LOVED eating them!  I’ve enjoyed how all those healthy foods satisfy me and I’m not “starving to death” by the time I get home. 

I visited a doctor who has helped me discover what’s causing my pain.  After two and a half hours in the doctor’s office, I was scheduled for surgery on August 1.  I don’t like surgery at all and, while I’m really nervous about it, I’m really relieved that we now know what’s going on and there should be some relief in sight!  When the pain is gone I will get my gym membership and start working out again!  But between now and then, I won’t be able to take pain medication (Advil, Tylenol, Excedrin Migraine, or Aleve)… NOTHING to take away the pain.  The pain has increased these past two days and I hope it won’t be a long two weeks.  I just have to take it easy and try not to aggravate it. 

I also felt the need to take a break from weighing and just focus on keeping my chin up.

   
Challenges:
 One name: Chick-Fil-A.  One menu item: Banana Pudding Shake.  One large serving: 1,070 calories.  Amount of large banana pudding shakes enjoyed since last Wednesday: 2.  Saving grace: Limited time only.


I was bad.  Really, REALLY bad.  I tried the shake.  It was like the gateway shake for my mean sweet tooth cravings.  I had a large one on Saturday because I’d done so great all day and burned a lot of calories.  It was better than I could’ve ever anticipated.  And I almost threw up was shocked when I logged the food and discovered the amount of calories in it.  But I thought about it all day, for the next two days.  And when the boy said he wanted Chick-Fil-A for dinner, I jumped all over it.  I told myself I would get a regular, but “large” just spewed forth while ordering, and I never looked back… until I was finished with the entire thing. 

Then I felt guilty.  I’d done SO WELL to just go and blow it like this.  I felt pretty awful about what I’d done… and I didn’t like that feeling.  And suddenly, I saw myself in a different way than in the past.  I saw myself as a girl who is stronger than her old self… a girl who’s come way too far to give into temptation.  A girl who would be happier with a regular banana cream shake than get another large and feel terrible about it. 

This week's dream focus:  Make healthier choices; decrease the portions of the foods I eat; continue fighting off the urges to mask my emotions with food; find ways to move that won't aggravate my pain

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you have been given some answers! Let me know what you need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam!!!! I'm sooooo glad, too. I'll definitely let you know if I need you!

      Delete