Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I've Got To Keep On Movin'


Hello beautiful friends!  I've missed blogging so much and I've missed hearing from you!  I can't thank you enough for your understanding and patience while I've taken this much needed break. 

(Sorry for the cheesy Matthew Wilder "Break My Stride" reference.  I hope it's stuck in your head now, too!  Admit it, it's a catchy, cheesetastic song and you love to hate it!  AND ole' Matt has a sweet 'stache and some crazy leather pants.  I'm sure they had to pour him into those.  Yuck.)


I'm tellin' ya, this recovery process has been a challenge... much more overwhelming than I ever anticipated.  It's been more emotional, more painful, and more debilitating.  There have been ups and downs.  There have been good days and bad days.  I've been overwhelmed.  I've been scared.  I've felt depressed.  I've cried.  I've had to rely on others for help. 

When you're used to taking care of everyone else, it can be really difficult to accept help from others.  You feel like you have a job to do but you're failing.  You feel like a burden and an inconvenience.  But I was so blessed to have wonderful friends and family to think of me, pray for me, take care of me, bring food to us, send cards and flowers... true angels in our time of need!  Oh, and let's not forget the pets who were by my side through it all... (I'll share lots of pictures of this in tomorrow's post)!

The best news is I'm on the mend and starting to feel a little more like myself every day!  I'm coming out of the valley and getting back on the path to wellness!


This surgery has brought struggles and set backs.  I have to keep reminding myself that this is happening in God's timing and He knows the reasons and what's in store for me.  I'm not at all where I expected or wanted to be with my weight loss in the end of August. 

BUT IT'S OKAY!  I can't get defeated!  Instead, I'll focus on the positives:
* I didn't give up!
* I'm still trying!
* God knows the reasons this is happening and I can trust Him!
* Every day is new!
* I have a great support system of people who will uplift me when I'm down!
* When I'm feeling able, I'll start working out again, feeling energized and renewed!
* I won't be in pain everyday now that the endometriosis is removed!
* I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO GIVES ME STRENGTH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment