Monday, August 13, 2012

Slow Progress


Hey everyone!  Thanks so much for being patient during my break.  This post-op recovery has been much more difficult than I ever anticipated.  Today is the first day I've even attempted to reach for my laptop... and being on it today is causing pain and discomfort.

I just wanted to quickly update you on how I'm doing.  On August 1, a significant amount of endometriosis was found and removed, in addition to the other surgical procedures.  I was told the recovery from these combined procedures is more painful than a woman who has just given birth or had a C-section.  I've never been in those situations but this has been very painful and not fun at all.  I've been off work for two weeks and am working half days at home this week, doing only what I can handle. 

It's super difficult not being able to do the things I normally do, to ask for help, to let others take care of me. 

LIKE.
REALLY.
REALLY.
DIFFICULT.

I've had to find additional patience and accept that it's happening the way it's supposed to in the right timing.  I'm trying my best to stay off my feet and be okay with slow progress. 

I appreciate all your thoughts, prayers, well wishes, and patience through this!  I plan to blog only when I'm feeling up to it, so don't worry if I miss some days.  I'll let you know when I'm feeling back in full swing!

7 comments:

  1. Hugs to you Chrissy! Recovery is a test in patience, but you CAN do this and you will be back to 100% soon! :) Thinking of you and wishing you a super fast recovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much!! I appreciate those kind thoughts and words! :)

      Delete
  2. I have so been thinking about you! Every time I go to call you it is super late. I am glad you are taking it slow. Hang in there! If you need anything call or text me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe... thanks so much, Pam! I sure will - I'm on the uphill climb now... thank the Lord!!

      Delete
  3. Prayers for you! hang in there. you seem like a pretty tough cookie :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicole!!! I don't feel so tough but I'm trying hard to be. :) I appreciate your prayers!

      Delete
  4. Miss YOU!! Prayers, hugs & Kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete