Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pumpkin Pickin'



So that's what we did today.

We heard screen doors slam, we heard farm animals making noise, we felt the cool breeze of fall in the air, and we felt SO in love!  I had such a fun day with my husband as we had our first autumn (well, close enough) date at the Red Barn Farm in Weston, MO and Carolyn's Country Cousins in Liberty, MO.

Yeah, we were probably the only couple there without small children.  We didn't care... it was so fun!  I fed goats, we picked a bushel of apples, I drank an apple cider slush, we went on a hayride (with no hay), and I had my first experience picking pumpkins off the vine in a pumpkin patch.  I still can't believe in 34 years I never went to a pumpkin patch!  Oh, and I can't forget that darn kettle corn.  (Lord, help me!)

Here are some pictures from our date!









I'm so thankful I was able to handle walking and moving all day.  My pain is actually pretty low - definitely the best it's been since August 1!  THANK YOU, GOD!!!  I was even able to go to the grocery store and make crawfish bisque for the LSU game tonight after an active day.  Now it's time to relax, enjoy the smell of my new Cider Lane and Apple Crumble candles, and cheer on the Tigers!  I LOVE FALL!  (And Dixie loves her Tigers!)




2 comments:

  1. Wow! So happy for both of you! I know even though you've gone through the physical pain, Todd's gone through a lot doing his best to be there for you. And, it's a blessing to hear about a couple who enjoys each other's company completely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much!! It really felt like things are getting back to normal... and I love that feeling!!! :)

      Delete