Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wednesday Wow Factor!



Week 36
Start date
: 12/28/11
Initial weight:
218
Current weight:
198?
This week's loss
: ? 
Total weight loss:
20 pounds since last weigh-in


Last week's dream focus
: Start getting back into my good routines like eating healthy, logging my food intake, being more aware of calories, eating less sweets, and surrounding myself with positivity and encouragement!

What went well:  I’m still on the mend.  I’ve started logging my food again, but can tell I’m out of the habit for sure.  That will improve soon!  I went back to work this week and lasted half of the first day in the office, and a full day today.  I’m feeling more like "me" most days and I’m trying not to be too hard on myself with rushing recovery and wellness.

Challenges:  I’m in serious pain again.  It’s been a month since surgery and I’m having a lot of discomfort this week.  It’s just as bad now as before my surgery.  I’m learning that it’s normal to have this kind of pain right now.  See, my body is trying to adjust to the new medication while still “performing as normal” every month, yet the medicine trying to change the normality.   


Without going into too much detail and getting too personal, I’ll be going through “menopause” for nine months to give my body time to recover, heal, and to prevent the endometriosis from growing back (for a few months, anyhow).  With this new medication (synthetic hormones) comes hot flashes, mood swings, gross acne, and a list of side effects.  Did I mention I love my family and how patient and understanding they are?  We’re going to get through this…  :)

Also, I mentioned last week I was going to get on the scale and weigh today.  The fact is I'm just not ready to do that.  Some amazing women reminded me last night that I shouldn't rush something like this... I need to focus on getting well.  The scale can come later.  So, I'm taking care of "me" and I'm going to be okay with this down time in my weight loss journey... especially if this delay gets me closer to my dream! 

This week's dream focus:  Don’t rush recovery - it takes time.  DO NOT get on the scale until I’m mentally and emotionally able to handle it… resist the temptation.  Keep surrounding myself with positivity and encouragement!






No comments:

Post a Comment