Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wednesday Wow Factor!


Week 39
Start date
: 12/28/11
Initial weight:
218
Current weight:
?
This week's loss
: ? 
Total weight loss:
?

Last week's dream focus: Start logging food every day, every time I eat ANYTHING; reduce the amounts of foods I’m eating and focus on making healthy choices; start moving more and sitting less; keep surrounding myself with positivity and encouragement; and be grateful for slow progress!
 

What went well:  I decided that next Monday I'm starting a gym membership and will begin working out over lunch!  I'm like REALLY excited about that!  I feel it's going to be my second wind.

I've been reading a study called Pure Praise by Dwayne Moore and a book called Extravagant Worship by Darlene Zschech.  They focus on worshiping with your whole life, not just in a church service on Sunday mornings.  It's opening my eyes to how many ways we can worship and honor God; one is by treating our bodies as a temple. 


Challenges:  I haven't been treating my body as a temple.  I'm noticing that every year when the fall season arrives I become a home-cookin, apple-pickin', cider-makin', Cajun dish creatin' momma.  I love autumn, but every year I fall into this trap of overindulging in my favorite seasonal treats, both salty and sweet.  I haven't been sensible about portions at all.  I've slipped into bad habits like mindless eating, eating too much, and not logging food.
Fact: I'm much less successful when I don't hold myself accountable for what, and how much, I'm eating.  I MUST LOG MY FOOD!
My first instinct is to beat myself up for not being further along and for falling back into old habits, but the new me isn't going to stand for that kind of self-abuse any longer.  This is a process and it takes time.  I know it will pay off in the end, so I'll keep picking it up and dusting it off no matter how many times as it takes!
Reminder: THIS JOURNEY ISN'T EASY.  IT TAKES WORK.  WE'RE GONNA MESS UP.  But WE choose how we'll react to these challenges and WE can make it happen!

This week's dream focus:  LOG FOOD EVERY DAY.  Move more and sit less; keep surrounding myself with positivity and encouragement; and be grateful for slow progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment