Thursday, November 15, 2012

"Patiently" Waiting



You know how things are overwhelming, some days more than others?

Today is one of those days for me, and it centers around my career dreams.

I feel so trapped where I am right now.  I know what my heart desires to do as a full-time career and it’s clear God is calling me there.  But knowing exactly how to make the transition from where I am now to where I want to be is pretty foggy.  I long for clarity and direction!  I’m a passionate soul with a drive to help others become the best versions of themselves.  I just don’t feel I’m fully able do that by testing software.  Although it's been a terrific career for 14 years, my passion has shifted! 

I place my trust in God, my Heavenly Father!  He's the reason I'm able to continue putting forth the effort to deliver quality results and continue learning a very difficult and intricate application (that constantly feels like "math" to me!).  I believe this dream in my soul was placed there by Him!  His timing is perfect and, although it seems as though it's taking longer than I'd like, I believe He sees what's in store and I trust His will for me.  As I wait, I try to keep my eyes focused on the blessings of the job I have.  Some days I do well.  Other days I find myself asking God to forgive my ungratefulness.



This is my prayer today...

"Lord, you are so mighty and loving!  I cannot thank you enough for placing this dream in my heart and I ask your forgiveness for when I've doubted Your timing.  Please help me to have patience and draw satisfaction from You alone.  I place my career in Your hands and I believe Your will is greater than any plans I could make for my life.  God, you are SO GOOD!!!  I love you, Father, and I thank you for blessing this girl beyond measure!  It's in Your name I pray, Amen!"


No comments:

Post a Comment