Monday, November 26, 2012

So You Think You're A Judge?

 
 
In this battle against Satan and his dirty little secret of using inferiority and insecurity to keep us stuck in misery, there's something else we need to be aware of... judging.
 
I'll be honest and admit I judge way more than I want to, should, or even realize.  Sunday during my dad's sermon God showed me how I was judging during Turbo Kick on Saturday.  I knew I was beginning to feel insecure and inferior during the class and I was able to shut out those thoughts.  But remember me describing "super-thin, very athletic, competitive, get the moves right or else girl" in my "Butt = Kicked" post? 
 
Well that was me judging her. 
 
I don't even know her or what she's been through.  I don't know her personality, her victories, her struggles, her past, or her needs.  I said a couple of casual words to her and passed a few smiles her way, but that's where our interaction ended... or so I thought.  I was never mean or hateful to her, but God made it very clear Sunday how wrong I was to even describe her as "super-thin, very athletic, competitive, get the moves right or else girl".
 
Do you see how Satan used my insecurities and inferiority to weave a story about a girl I didn't know?  Because I felt anything but thin, totally uncoordinated and non-athletic in a class I'd never taken, I wrongly judged her in my mind, then put those ugly words on my blog that's meant to inspire and motivate me and others. 
 
I never want to be this person.



 
 
I want to see people with a caring and compassionate heart.  I want to be someone others can come to for help or an ear to listen and pray with, in faith.  I want to talk back to my insecurities and inferiorities and be more aware of times I'm tempted to judge someone else because of them. 
 
The Bible tells us clearly that it's not our place to judge others.  Simply put, it says...
 

1 Peter 3:8-17 (The Message) "... Be agreeable, be sympathetic, be loving, be compassionate, be humble. That goes for all of you, no exceptions. No retaliation. No sharp-tongued sarcasm. Instead, bless - that's your job, to bless. You'll be a blessing and also get a blessing. Whoever wants to embrace life and see the day fill up with good, Here's what you do: Say nothing evil or hurtful; Snub evil and cultivate good; run after peace for all you're worth."   See the New King James Version here.

I want to change my judging behavior, not only for my own blessings and to fulfill my own dreams, but to help others do the same... to bless others, to lift them up, to encourage and motivate and inspire and cheer on!  I want to overcome and I want to help others overcome.  I want to make others very aware of how nasty, evil Satan uses these tricks against us - to cause us to stay stuck and unfruitful.  To cause division and hatred and jealousy.  It's not okay and we have to stand up against him! 

Remember, he can't MAKE us do anything... we chose what we think, what we say, what we do, and how we feel.

LET'S FEEL GOOD!  LET'S BE POSITIVE!  LET'S BE A BLESSING TO OTHERS!  LET'S GUARD OUR HEARTS!


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment