Thursday, November 29, 2012

Wednesday Wow Factor!



Week 48
Start date
: 12/28/11
Initial weight:
220
Current weight:
205
Total weight loss:
15 pounds!




Last week's dream focus: I won’t go wild with Thanksgiving food intake this week, but will slowly enjoy small portions of my favorites!  I plan to go to the gym as much as possible, including the 80’s/90’s Zumba party next Tuesday!  As always, I plan to continue telling the devil to get behind me and engulf myself with positivity and prayer.


What went well: I went to the gym 5 out of 7 days over the holiday week!  YAY!  I did the Turbo Kick class and it was pretty challenging, but I hung in there and completed it (and was sore for two days)!  I had two friends join me for fitness classes Monday and Tuesday, and another one actually joined the gym yesterday!!! YEE HAW!!!  Finally, a fitness buddy to hold me accountable!  I’m beyond excited about that! 
I didn’t go hog wild with my eating over the holiday week, but I did eat more than I normally would.  I didn’t get hung up on it and instead kept my eyes on my dream and focused on going to the gym. 
My Facebook page has recently grown in number of "likes" and I'm connecting with SO many amazing people going through (or who have been through) similar journeys!  It feels SO good to remember I'm not alone in this and there are people who have overcome much more than I'm faced with.  I'm ultra-inspired by all these incredible warriors!
Bonus:  I thought the new pair of size 16 pants I bought a couple of weeks ago would only fit well if I wore Spanx, but I found out this morning I DON'T EVEN NEED THEM!  These 16's fit just the way 16's should!  Not tight... and with wiggle room!  OH ME OH MY!  I'm so darn happy!
Challenges: Keeping myself from grazing at family meals was difficult.  I would find myself eating mindlessly like the old me, but when I noticed it, I felt kind of grossed out.  I don't want to be that way anymore so it was a little easier to stop!  SWEET! 
Turbo Kick was a challenge.  Period.  :)
This week's dream focus: Start doing more weight training than cardio to build muscle, lose inches, and prevent sagging skin as I lose weight; buy heathier foods and bring them to work instead of eating animal crackers for lunch (which is not an acceptable meal); research good nutrition and start implementing better foods into each day; and keep focused on my dream!


5 comments:

  1. Well done, 15 pounds is a HUGE achievement. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much, Haley!! I feel pretty great about that!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Chrissy,

    Thanks for posting my "Sweat Today, Smile Tomorrow" design. However, because it has been modified (cropped, so my watermarks have been removed), I'd appreciate if you could remove the image.

    Afterwards, I invite you to post this fully watermarked version: http://victoriabreton.com/images/victoriabreton_sweattoday.jpg

    Please do not remove any watermarks or modify the image in any way.

    Thanks!

    Sincerely,

    Victoria Breton
    Freelance Designer
    http://victoriabreton.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Updated! I'm so sorry about that. I found the picture (and fell in love with it) on Pinterest! Someone else must have removed the watermarks. No worries - we're good now and I updated the source link as well!

      Delete
    2. Hi Chrissy,

      Thanks very much - I appreciate it!

      Victoria Breton
      Freelance Designer
      http://victoriabreton.com/

      Delete