Sunday, December 16, 2012

Likers Gonna Like


Everyone has an opinion on almost every situation.  I respect that!  If our opinions or feelings differ, that's okay.  We won't always see things the same way.  We come from different backgrounds and the choices we've made have shaped our lives and thoughts, leading us where we are today.

Creating my blog and Facebook page to share my personal struggles and successes in my weight loss journey and life opens the door for others to express their thoughts and feelings.  I welcome comments, especially if they're inspiring, motivating, thought-provoking, and encouraging!  I love the support I receive from people I know and so many I've never met.  It really helps when I see how many others have made their dream come true... it makes me believe it will happen for me, too!

So, to ensure my dreams to come true, I plan to move barriers that could keep me from them.  I'm going to eliminate as much negativity from my life as possible and replace it with anything that will lift my spirits and help me believe in myself.


When someone posts hurtful, mean-spirited, or spiteful words on my page, I will delete them and ban the user from accessing it in the future.  The past Chrissy would have been too worried about what someone might think if she deleted their comment or blocked them.  She cared so much what others thought and never wanted someone not to like her.  

The new Chrissy, who's trying hard to make her dreams come to life, still cares very deeply about others but will not allow herself to be hurt, walked on, torn down, belittled, or her dreams to be crushed.  She now recognizes how Satan uses the insecurities and inferiority of others to keep her from reaching her dreams.  


What makes me sad is how people allow their insecurities to consume them, damaging relationships and stealing their joy. By focusing so much on what they don't have and on the negative things that have happened, they miss out on the happiness and blessings of today.  Those who want to change will benefit from the inspiration others have to offer.  Those who enjoy being victims will try to tear you down because they're hurting, too.  Unfortunately, they won't be inspired and motivated with this negative, tunnel vision.

Proverbs 9:8-10 helped me see this so clearly and removed a lot of pressure.  I hope it helps you!  I added the New International Version and The Message version... it's SO FREEING!

Proverbs 9:8-10  (NIV)
Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you;
    rebuke the wise and they will love you.
Instruct the wise and they will be wiser still;
    teach the righteous and they will add to their learning.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
    and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Proverbs 9:8-10 (The Message)
If you reason with an arrogant cynic, you’ll get slapped in the face;
    confront bad behavior and get a kick in the shins.
So don’t waste your time on a scoffer;
    all you’ll get for your pains is abuse.
But if you correct those who care about life,
    that’s different—they’ll love you for it!
Save your breath for the wise—they’ll be wiser for it;
    tell good people what you know—they’ll profit from it.
Skilled living gets its start in the Fear-of-God,
    insight into life from knowing a Holy God.

The bottom line...


6 comments:

  1. Go Chrissy, I learned this a long time ago but fought it all over again when I moved to the United States. Took me a few years to find the tough me again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank for sharing that, Haley! I was pretty good about this in high school but it changed after my first marriage. Now that I'm on this journey to make my dreams become my reality, I'm getting back there!! It's all about that balance...

      Delete
  2. I feel that your blog has given me some healthy perspective and balance in my life. I have often felt I often go too far the other way, not in a mean spirited or hurtful way, for sure, but I have had very few moments in my life when I have been conscious or worried about what another person thought of me (except my dad, I always needed his approval...). I think I've been a little too confident and unconcerned about others' thoughts or perceptions of me. See, that's sounds awfully conceited??
    I truly don't mean for it to, but 99% of the time, I simply don't care what others think of me, and/or my life choices or efforts.

    I am begining to see that this may/can have some negative effect on others. I appreciate the honesty and transparency that you have shared with your blog. I look forward to reading it everyday. It helps me see things from another, totally different perspective and I NEED that to grow and embrace my own journey. It IS thought provoking, for me especially.

    I do take pride in that I would NEVER deliberately say or do something mean, hateful or hurtful to anyone! I also recognize that actions/attitudes/body language can be hurtful, even if not intentional.

    I am sorry, Chrissy, if someone has been mean or hurtful on your blog! You are doing such a brave and courageous thing with this blog! It truly puts everything out there and opens you up for anything, unfortunately....

    Know that YOU ARE impacting my journey and hopefully, making me a better person, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendra, I love you!! From the bottom of my heart - THANK YOU - for sharing this! I'm really glad that my openness makes an impact on how you view life. It means so much to have your support and backing in my blog and my journey.

      Last week I had a couple of comments on my Facebook page that were less than inspiring. They have left me wondering what could be so bad in their lives that they would take the time to even post those comments. I know it's because of some insecurities and inferiority issues, I just wish I could help. That's the hardest part for me... blocking someone I feel could really benefit from some inspiration and support of someone who cares. I don't like shutting people out. There are some people who live their lives doing and saying things to push most people away... and most don't take the time to try and break through. But I also won't allow Satan to use the hurts and pains of others to stop me from making my dreams come true. I just have to be wise against his schemes!!!!

      Thank you again for those amazing, kind words!! You don't know what it means to me!!

      I CAN'T WAIT FOR BURN TONIGHT!!! LOOK OUT, ASPEN - THE KIRKMAN GIRLS ARE COMING!!!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post. I have a problem with haters too. They don't make comments but they do have a different energy towards me since I decided to head down a healthy path. Like you said others allow their insecurities to control them. Since they can no longer project their insecurities and fears on you they try to attack you in whatever form they can. It's important to always protect our hearts because out of them flow the issues of life. :)

    You are doing an awesome job. Stay encouraged and positive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooooooooooo much.... we so have to protect our hearts from positivity vampires!!!

      Delete