Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Wednesday Wow Factor!



Week 50
Start date
: 12/28/11
Initial weight:
220
Current weight:
205 (last weigh-in 11/29/12)
Total weight loss:
15 pounds!
 
Last week's dream focus: Add more weight training to build muscle, lose inches, and prevent sagging skin as I lose weight; refocus my thoughts about the amounts of foods I fix in the evening for the family; research good nutrition and start implementing better foods into each day; stop allowing “good deals” or lunch specials to lure me in and tempt me to make poor eating decisions (ex. ½ price burgers and fries at The Quaff on Tuesdays); and always keep focused on my dream!
 
What went well: I did the BURN class and ROCKED IT (for my first time).  I can certainly feel it two days later so it must work!  I’ve kept my focus on the positive side of my journey, even though I’ve felt ravenous this week.  I didn’t do ½ price burgers and we ate out less – YAY!  The times we ate out I didn’t overeat and made good choices.  Yay me!
 
Challenges:  I’m pushing myself to do more challenging, difficult workouts that focus on my core, weight lifting, and toning.  I NEED THIS!  My challenge is the soreness afterwards.  I DO NOT WANT TO QUIT BECAUSE OF A LITTLE PAIN OR DISCOMFORT!  I have to get past the fear of feeling sore and walking around like a duck for two days... I have to change the way I view this pain! 
I reached out to my Facebook entourage and they TOTALLY CONVINCED ME that pain is worth it and it's beautiful!  There's no getting around it if I want my dream to come true, so I need to embrace it.  I’ve added their comments to my iPhone to remind me why I need to keep pushing myself when I feel like giving up (besides whipping my hair back and forth). 
:)
 
 
This week's dream focus: Keep adding weight training to build muscle, lose inches, and prevent sagging skin as I lose weight; read reminders of why I need to endure the discomfort of strengthening my muscles; refocus my thoughts about the amounts of foods I fix in the evening for the family; research good nutrition and start implementing better foods into each day; and stay focused on my dream!
 

2 comments:

  1. Great job. I love listening to this song on my iPod when I weight train. It says "Won't stop won't quit til I'm swole and I'm ripped". Get's me pumped. :)))) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BAHAHAHAHA!! I know, right?? I just wanna MOVE!!!!

      Delete