Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wednesday Wow Factor!



Week 51
Start date: 12/28/11
Initial weight:
220
Current weight:
205 (last weigh-in 11/29/12)
Total weight loss:
15 pounds!

Last week's dream focus: Keep adding weight training to build muscle, lose inches, and prevent sagging skin as I lose weight; read reminders of why I need to endure the discomfort of strengthening my muscles; refocus my thoughts about the amounts of foods I fix in the evening for the family; research good nutrition and start implementing better foods into each day; and stay focused on my dream!


What went well: I did the BURN class again with my sister-in-law and pushed a little harder than the week before.  I pushed through the reasonable pain and discomfort but didn't go too hard and injure myself!  I’ve been working hard to focus on my dreams and what I want for the future.  Even though I'm not going to make New Years resolutions, I am thinking about 2013 and how I want it to be different from - and better than - this year.

Challenges:  Since December arrived, I haven't gone to the gym as much as I did the past two months.  There's been a lot going on, but that's not an excuse.  People much busier than I am are making it to the gym and kickin' butt. 

My eating... Lord, please help me!  Each week I've eaten just a little more than the week before... and now I'm going over my calorie budget and it's starting to add up.  Little by little a little becomes a lot.  I have to gain control because going to the gym less and eating more is exactly what I DON'T need.  It's slowing the progress of reaching my dream!  I CANNOT ALLOW THAT.  I WILL NOT ALLOW IT.

And Satan's been trying to enter my mind with thoughts of "Oh eating this won't really matter this one time" and "It's okay if I eat whatever I want tonight because I can start over in the morning."  Well Chrissy, IT MATTERS!  Every time I talk back to those thoughts and overcome the urge to do what I shouldn't, I'm winning and I'm developing new, GOOD habits!  I have to stand firm against his schemes and say NO to these temptations!  God is greater!


This week's dream focus: Dig deep inside me to find out why I'm beginning to slip back into old habits - figure out what's triggering this and FIX IT; keep adding weight training; refocus my thoughts about the amounts of foods I fix in the evening for the family; stay focused on my dream; and DON'T EVER GIVE UP!


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Let's make it better!!! We can so do this!

      Delete
  2. Love it. You are on the right path. Just stay focused and keep your eye on the prize. :)

    ReplyDelete