Tuesday, January 8, 2013

An Alternate Route


So in yesterday's post I mentioned feeling like an arrow being pulled back.  Well today, I was pulled even further.  It was uncomfortable.  It messed with my head.  I didn't really like it.  It left me confused.  It made me want to run.  It made me want to cry.  It made me want to throw a fit.  It made me sick to my stomach.  It gave me a headache.

Sometimes the road to your dreams will pass through a toll like this.  You have to decide if you're willing to pay the cost to move forward or sit there and settle for the way it's always been.  How important is this dream to you, really?  How badly do you want this to happen?  Will you be okay if five or ten years from now you look back in regret at what might have been?

Today, I found myself faced with decisions.

I thought I knew the direction I was heading.  I thought my dream was defined.  I'd made up my mind and was ready to make moves!  But today, an alternate route to the same overall dream was proposed.  

Truth be told, I feel scared and uncertain.

I now need to decided if I'm willing to take the road less traveled, pave my own way in some areas, and spend extra time on that road - learning and growing while the dream comes to life.  The direction I was headed this morning could still work, but I need to prioritize my desires and willingness to be uncomfortable.

One thing is certain; I have to leave where I am now... it no longer serves me. 

The route to take?  That's my quandary.


2 comments:

  1. Chrissy I love your open honest posts. Every good think in my life has come from the road less travelled. I could have stayed in Australia, in my comfort zone and waited for some guy to come along, but I took the road less travelled and let myself see where an American guy would take me and it has taken me to amazing places! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Haley! I so know you're right... I'm mustering up the guts to jump out of the boat (or off the cliff)!!!

      Thanks for supporting me!

      Delete