Thursday, January 3, 2013

It Will Happen



Howdy everyone!  I'm sorry I've been M.I.A these past few days.  My husband, the boy, and I took a hunting trip this week and I was all prepared to post daily - with laptop packed and everything.  But we arrived and there was no WiFi or cell phone signal.  I should have expected that; after all it IS a hunting lodge in the middle of Arkansas along the Mississippi Flyway (a waterfowl migration route).

We had a terrific time and I'm trying to get back into the swing of things now.  I'll be honest, this past week was super difficult for me in eating right and staying focused.  

Like SUPER DIFFICULT.

Focus is such a powerful thing.  When we stay focused on our dreams, imagining them, believing in them, and working towards them - amazing things happen!  When our focus shifts to things other than our dreams, it slows down our progress.  If we don't "adjust the lens", we'll get off course and eventually lose sight of them altogether.  

I don't want to do that.

I need to connect:
...with God and listen for His voice
...with people on similar journeys
...with people who have been where I am and have overcome
...with people who believe in me and my dreams
...with people who are positive and encouraging
...with people who will inspire and motivate me to be better and do good things
...with people who need me, too.

That's what keeps me going.  Making connections, inspiring and motivating, encouraging and offering hope, and sharing my story with others to help them know they aren't alone during this really difficult journey!

Some days I rock it.

Some days I blow it.

Some days I consider giving up.

But that doesn't last anymore.  I'm different now.  I'm connect to my dreams and that has changed my life.  God placed them in my heart.  They've been there all along and it was up to me to recognize them!  Now that I have, and I've focused my lens, I'm headed in the right direction.  My dreams WILL come true.  

I WILL transition into my dream career that ignites my passion!
I WILL lose this extra weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle!
I WILL wear dresses with boots and shop in stores I like!
I WILL help others to believe in themselves and know they can do this, too!

IT WILL HAPPEN.



12 comments:

  1. It will happen and I am here anytime you need to chat. I had a huge fail over the Christmas season, ate way too much crap and put on the pounds. I don't know why I did it to myself. But I just gotta get back on the wagon and keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Haley!! I am in the same boat!!! It's times like that I feel overwhelmed and consider (for a few minutes) giving up and quitting. Thank God for being connected to the dreams He's given me! I'll never give up on them!

      Delete
  2. Thank you. You are awsome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it will happen! You can do it! And thanks for your constant inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie!! I BELIEVE IT!!! You're very welcome!!

      Delete
  4. {Praying for you} So glad to have met you through blogging. God's got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Falen, I really appreciate that!! I believe God is in control and I trust Him! I'm VERY glad to have met you, too!!!!!!

      Delete
  5. So glad you are back! You're words mean a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks, E!! Your words me SO MUCH to me!!!

      Delete
  6. Love it. I wish all those things for you and stand with you. God showed me the same thing about staying focused and visualizing my success rather than focusing on my weaknesses and struggles. :0)

    Powerful blog.

    (Temple Fitness)

    ReplyDelete