Friday, January 18, 2013

My Own Hero

 

If this is the definition of a hero, I truly desire to be one.

Not to seek attention from others or to "be a big deal"... I want to be my own hero.  I want to make myself proud and feel the joy of accomplishing another dream, achieving another goal, doing something I never thought I could - all while faced with adversity.  

If being my own hero inspires others to overcome great challenges and obstacles, that would beat any material gift I could receive.   

Sometimes I don't feel like fighting battles or continuing to climb the mountains before me, but I know it's only temporary.  I know it will lead to something better, something amazing!  



I want to keep moving forward.

I want to keep trying.  

I want to trust that God is in control of all of this and He will never let me down.

I want to admit to myself that my dreams are more important that what my flesh wants right now.  

I want to talk myself out of doing what I shouldn't and talk myself into doing what I should.

I want to see my dreams come true.

I want to be okay with failing.

I want to learn from my mistakes.

I want to pick myself up when I fall.

I want to change.

I want to get better.



I want all of these things and I can have them... but only if my desire to change is greater than my desire to stay the same.


4 comments:

  1. I love this. Especially when you talk about what we want and how we get them. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I heard this quote once and it hit me to the core.."The risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to bloom". This is the point of transformation and breakthrough. When it hurts more to remain than it does to grow.

    You are already a hero. A hero is not perfect. We fall and we get back up. We fail and we succeed. We do this on a daily basis. Stop waiting and start manifesting...You have it in you already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. What an amazing quote... I can't believe I haven't heard that before! Thank you for those amazing words and for sharing this with me! Your support and encouragement means SO MUCH!!!!!!!

      Delete