Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wednesday Wow Factor!



Week 55
Start date: 12/28/11
Initial weight: 220
Current weight: 205 (I’m breaking my dependency on the number on the scale. Last weigh-in 11/29/12)
Total weight loss: 15 pounds!



Last week's dream focus: Continue eating healthy and making great choices when dining out; keep that positive outlook and spirit thriving within – letting it spill out to others; increase my workouts each time I go to the gym.


What went well: I rocked this week harder and better than last week!  My workouts have been terrific - pushing myself harder each time.  My food intake is so much healthier and smarter.  I’ve been doing great with my workouts and even better in my eating habits!  I’m enjoying a lot of green smoothies and having fun experimenting with different flavors and ingredients.  I still can't believe how much I like the taste of something that sounds so gross (leafy greens blended to a liquid and consumed... really?).  Blended kale is my next attempt.  I hear it's just as good, you can hardly taste it, and it's considered a super food.  I have to give that a try!
Last night's Zumba class was AMAZING.  I mean a total blast!  I worked out SO hard and was really sore that night and this morning.  Do any of you remember when I was struggling to "enjoy" that sore feeling after the gym?  Remember how I wanted a simple fix to keep me from feeling uncomfortable all the time after working out?  Well I'll admit it... I'm starting to kind of "like" it now!  I feel like I've really done something awesome with myself.  YAY!

The BEST part of this week was that I'm really starting to see the weight loss in my face.  I don't even care if anyone else can tell or not, I'm loving what I see.


Challenges: Eating out is getting better for me but it definitely remains a challenge that I have to continue to overcome!

My main struggle this week is to not give up on a dream I'm pursuing because the odds are totally STACKED against me.  I really feel like quitting.  I feel like not continuing to put in the effort to even try to make it happen when it just "seems" like it will never work.  They'll never buy in.  They'll NEVER go for it.  "It's a waste of time."  

I have this dream to make a huge, positive impact on a lot of lives and help change an environment that isn't currently conducive to a lot of happiness, reward, and fulfillment.  There are a lot of haters.  It's a really hard sell for the majority of people involved.  Most people will think I'm flighty or crazy for even suggesting it.  Most people feel it's "in the clouds".

The odds aren't really in my favor and I'm not usually the gamblin' kind.

If I give up now, the dream will certainly never come true.  If I keep pressing on and I give it a shot, I might be shut down... and then I'll have a clear answer that helps me move on.  But what if, by some miracle, they buy in and give me a chance?  Will I be thrilled that I didn't give up on my dream?  I think so... 


This week's dream focus: Continue eating healthy and making great choices when dining out; keep up the great workout momentum; do NOT allow Satan to use obstacles to keep me from trying to make my dream become a reality.  If God intends it, nothing can prevent it!  If God has other plans for me, I want to see them through!

No comments:

Post a Comment