Monday, February 4, 2013

You Don't Have to Be Great to Start


Tonight was my first night back at the gym in a week and a half.  I'm finally over the Norovirus and am no longer dehydrated.  YAY!  I never knew how severe dehydration could be and how terrible the effects can be on your body.  Awful.  

"Lord, thank You for getting me through that mess and allowing it to detox my body.  Although I never want to experience it again, I appreciate the extra weight loss and time of clarity it provided.  I feel blessed to be renewed and restored.  Amen!"

I missed going to the gym when I was so sick.  I missed it BAD.  That's how I know I've got a good thing going!  A NEW HABIT!  

I was not "great" at fitness when I started, but I made it happen.  I started slow and increased the level and intensity each time, if even just a little.  I joined the gym in mid-October; three and a half months ago.  I can't believe I'm actually running on the treadmill now!  I could barely handle Zumba a year ago when I started doing the DVD's in my basement (FLASHBACK!  Read about that first time here), and now I go hard in class twice a week and participate in Zumba theme parties every chance I get (another one this Friday night)!

Okay, back to tonight.  I'll be truthful... I did NOT want to go.  I felt tired and didn't really feel like doing anything but Zumba.... and there's no Zumba class on Mondays at our gym.  I knew I needed to go no matter what.  I went.  The devil tried to throw every excuse at me to make me stumble; "I'm too tired", "I shouldn't have eaten that for lunch - this heartburn is killing me", "There will probably be too many people there", "I can just go tomorrow and get back into it with a Zumba class", and others I've since blocked out.

"NO!"

"You are NOT going to keep me from my dream, you dream killer.  You are the author of lies and I'm not going to listen.  Get behind me and SHUT UP!"

And, like that, I went in, rocked my run/walk like I'd never had time off!  I  burned just over 400 calories and I no longer feel tired or have heartburn.  I feel accomplished and proud of myself... and I'm one step closer to my dream!  

Remember, when Satan talks, you don't have to listen.  These are your dreams.  God placed them in your heart.  This is your life.  You deserve better than what the devil wants to see happen to you.  Take it back!  Put your faith in God and watch Him bring you through.  Rely on His strength and MAKE IT HAPPEN!  You can do it!



2 comments:

  1. Awesome! "See, the Lord your God has given you the land. Go up and take possession of it as the Lord, the God of your fathers, told you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged!" So pleased to have discovered your lovely blog -- you have a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is AWESOME!!!! After the adversity I've faced today, I needed this verse SO MUCH! I'm thrilled you found my blog and spent time sharing these words with me. They totally came at the right time for me!! I'm blessed to have you're support!!!!!

      Delete