Thursday, April 4, 2013

Wednesday Wow Factor!


Week 65
Start date: 12/28/11
Initial weight: 220 
Current weight: 198 (Last weigh-in 2/13/13)
Total weight loss: 22 pounds! 



Last week's dream focus: Keep making good food choices; continue shutting the devil down when he tries to creep around me; continue giving God the praise for helping me through such difficult situations and making it worth my while to hang in there; and make time to work on Zumba choreography!

What went well: I am getting back on track with eating... and that started yesterday!  I faced a lot of challenges last week and didn't do so well.  I made poor choices and gave into temptation more than once.  It happened.  I'm over it.  That's all behind me now and I'm moving forward!  
Yesterday, I went to a new Zumba class I've never attended and had fun!  I saw yet another instructor leading in different ways with a different style and that inspires me!  It helps me to get ideas of what I can do when I lead my own classes.  The best part?  After talking with her, she also said I could jump in and lead a song any time.  HOW AWESOME IS THAT?  I now have three opportunities to get used to leading!  God is so good...

Challenges:  Blogging, in general, has been so difficult for me lately.  I don't have writers block, I just have SO much going on and struggle to find time to write EVERY day.  I could stay up late and get a post in, but I know when my body needs rest.  If I deny it, it wont' be pretty!  I'm glad you understand and are patient with me... it means more than you know!
It seems like I was tempted all week long and pretty much gave in every time.  I rarely said no to anything I wanted to eat.  Easter lunch, ball park food, candy, birthday dinner, cookie cake, key lime cheesecake, and the list goes on.  I was dumb.  I don't like what I saw in me last week.  That's not who I want to be at all!  I've made so much progress and I want to keep going!  
So you know what?  That's what I'm doing.  I'm not going to sit around and cry and mope about how I messed up.  I'm not going to wallow in the fact that I made some mistakes.  It doesn't mean I've ruined everything I've worked so hard for since December 28, 2011.  The fact that I don't like seeing myself slip back into old, bad habits tells me I've made new, good ones... and Satan wants to trip me up.  NOT GONNA HAPPEN!  Maybe I've hit a plateau, but it's no reason to throw in the towel!  Instead, I'll use it to wipe the sweat off my brow during Zumba!   :)

This week's dream focus: Forgive myself for making mistakes - then move on; continue making good food choices; prioritize what MUST be done and what can wait; find/make time to work on Zumba choreography!
 

1 comment:

  1. I have felt a little "stalled" myself.....my food choices have not been horrible, but not stellar and definitely NOT what I know is best for my body!!
    So, yesterday, I had some time (I was actually procrastinating grading assignments!:-).....) but I jumped on one of my fav websites now (Calorie Coach) and started to reading some of his posts and liked him on Pinterest so I could look at his collection of healthy recipes. I NEED some food inspiration, for sure!!!! It really helped to surround myself with some "healthy" minded people.....

    I loved spending time with you this weekend, although that dang ball park food gets us EVERY time!!!, but I see your progress in your face and demeanor..the physical change is there, but the confidence shines SO much brighter!! You have totally rocked this journey!!!

    I met with my trainer, Mandy, this am, and it was SO GREAT to be in her presence again!!! She totally kicks it for me! She is the juice I've been needing, that's for sure!!! One thing she said that really resonated with me and I think applies to you is that we have to continually be looking for the pieces of this puzzle to fit into our journey. No one piece is going to fit the same way for everybody. Our bodies all react differently to exercise and nutrition, so you might be able to eat more of something than me and still lose weight. And, as Mandy, said "IT'S OK!!!! Keep searching and learn from your journey choices!". I see you doing this and it's WORKING!!!!

    Keep trucking along and forgiving yourself for the slip ups and HOLLARIN' about the successes, because those plentiful!!!!!

    Love ya, sista!!!!!

    ReplyDelete