My Weight Loss Advantages
Here's my list of advantages of losing weight and becoming healthier. I continue adding to this list as new advantages enter my mind! I have these entered into my iPhone with an alarm that goes off three times a day (around typical eating times). I've made a commitment to read this list before I eat anything, whether the alarm goes off or not. It helps me to remember all the wonderful reasons to do the right thing and not give into the temptation to eat when I'm not truly hungry or eat more than I should. I'm a lot less likely to cave in after reading these personal motivators!
1. I'll be less self critical
2. I'll be more trusting and secure with my husband
3. I won' feel as self-conscious
4. 217/1621 (secret code for a personal advantage)!
5. I won't feel embarrassed about my body
6. My family and friends will be proud of me
7. I'll feel better physically
8. I won't struggle over whether or not to eat something
9. My cravings will diminish
10. I will lower my cholesterol
11. I will like myself more
12. My back and body won't hurt as much
13. I won't worry as much what others think of me
14. People won't mistake me for being pregnant
15. I will be healthier if I were to become pregnant
16. I'll be happier when I look in the mirror
17. I'll want to be photographed in pictures again
18. I'll do more things I enjoy, like go to the pool or beach
19. I'll wear a smaller size
20. I'll look younger
21. I'll be able to wear clothes I like
22. I can shop at a wider variety of clothing stores
23. I'll wear dresses again
24. I won't feel guilty that I gave into cravings
25. I'll feel good when I resist unplanned eating
26. I won't be winded doing Zumba or other activities
27. My feet won't hurt as much
28. I can wear heels again
29. I'll feel more secure when wearing a swimsuit
30. I'll be satisfied when I eat less
31. I can look good in skinny jeans and wear taller boots over them
32. I will be able to inspire others
33. I won't dread finding something to wear to a wedding
34. My weight will no longer hold me back in life
35. I won't worry if people are judging me because of my weight or what I'm eating
...and more to come!
I'd like to give credit for this idea to Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., author of "The Beck Diet Solution". She uses cognitive therapy to "train your brain to think like a thin person". I recommend this book if you could use help learning to motivate yourself daily, build your confidence by giving yourself credit, create time and energy for dieting, get yourself to follow your plan even when you don’t feel like it, make a craving go away, refrain from emotional eating, get right back on track when you make a mistake, or handle special occasions and people who push you to eat.
I encourage you to make a list of your own personal weight loss advantages!