I'm not following a specific "diet" or "plan" for losing weight. I'm just doing what works for me! I certainly know what has worked in the past and what hasn't. This may not be right for everyone, but here are some of the things I'm doing (I'll be adding to this list as new ideas emerge)!
Please note, I am not a doctor, a dietitian or anything of the sort. I'm just a girl making changes to my daily routine and making smarter decisions. I'm dreaming BIG and doing what works for me because I want this to last! Please consult your doctor before implementing this approach.
* Avoid the victim mentality at all costs. Be an overcomer!
* Forgive myself because I WILL make mistakes. I'm human. It's okay!
* No foods will be off limits (Tell me "no" and it's all I'll want... a recipe for disaster! Knowing I can eat what sounds good frees me to enjoy a small portion, fulfilling the craving, yet not overindulging)
* Make smarter, healthier choices
* Eat smaller (in my case, much smaller) portions of the foods I like
* Slow down and enjoy every bite
* Only eat when I'm "truly" hungry
* Stop when I'm politely full
* Try to start viewing food as fuel
* Drink lots of water
* Read my list of weight loss advantages before eating and determine if doing so will get me closer to my dreams.
* Keep a food & exercise journal, logging my daily intake, fitness activity, and weight loss progress
* Blog about my journey
* Exercise 3 to 4 times per week, minimum
* Consume foods that help lower cholesterol
* Share my journey with others for accountability
* When I do slip up, it doesn't mean I have to give up. It doesn't mean everything I've done is for nothing. I'll raise my head up, put on a smile, and carry on! It's a new chance to turn it all around!
* Remain positive about myself and my progress, do not put myself down or discredit the things I've achieved